Friday, February 16, 2018

Harrisco: A Predatory Company


Harrisco: A Predatory Company



In brief I was hired by Harrisco (a South Korean company) to edit science and medical articles that were written by Asian professionals, mostly South Koreans. The English was rough and needed intense editing. A plentiful number of papers were downloaded to me. I did not receive any criticism from them while the editing process moved forward. After editing 67 journal articles I requested payment. The friendly interaction from them now turned dark. I became the worst editor on the planet for merely asking for payment due. I will not harp on the negativity aimed at me only to state they had no intention of paying me. If I had done a net search of this predatory company dozens of complaints, similar to mine, would have been discovered. Harrisco seeks English editors, advertises on Craigslist and other sites, snares them with promises and even a limited contract then cuts you down when you request your money. After multiple negative exchanges and the threat that I would inform the South Korean embassy, not far from my home, they relented and paid me a partial payment. Harrisco continues to owe me for 13 files. Harrisco has a minor profile on LinkedIn. I never met dishonorable South Koreans until I fell into the clutches of these misfits. Advice: stay away from this company because it is not worth the headache, the effort and or lack of compensation that goes with this job.



Mark Davis MD

In the event you need editing for science/medical journal articles and books

please contact me: scienceandmedicaljournalediting.com  or platomd@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment